Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: One Those Things

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    One Those Things

    Sometimes things happen to you in your life that make you step back and re-evaluate how you want your life to be. At 530am this morning I was rushed to Mountain View Regional Hospital with serious difficulty breathing and chest pains. I went in to work sick yesterday, and the brass sent me up into a control booth to take it easy. At around midnight, my breathing was becoming more labored. I just figured I had this crazy bug that's flying around. At 2am, one of the SGTs, sent some cough meds up to me, but by the time the supervisors made their morning rounds a little bit later, they could see how I looked, and sent me to the hospital. I get there, am quickly rushed into triage, where the nurse rambles something about pressure on my chest, and the color of my lips. After about 7 injections, Iv's ,breathing treatments,an EKG ,X-rays and the works, Dr. Slater comes in and says "you have pneumonia, and we are concerned about the muscles around the heart (were flying around apparently). Needless to say they admitted me (put me in a room with a whining, cryer who wanted his next med painkiller fix-another pet peeve). They fed me IVs and breathing treatments all day, but I have to be at court in the morning, so I badgered Dr. Baranogan to discharge me at around 430, so loaded with a bunch of scripts, I got to go home so I could rest (sucked working all night sick and not being able to sleep at the hospital). Anyways, back to my point: It takes alot to scare me. I am usually tough as nails, but lying in the ER getting EKGs, listening to Drs and RNs speaking in jargon you don't understand, can rattle a body. I was thinking "Geez-what if I AM having a heart-attack..etc?". There's some things that I need to do from here on out: #1 was having a little talk with Jesus (done). 2-being a little less stubborn. I knew I was sick at 2am Tuesday night, but you just don't want to leave your brothers and sisters short-shifted. It is hard enough as is full-staffed. 3-get a will done..btw friends, if I am in shape where good life cannot be sustained, please remind elp6n to pull the plug for me. I thank God that my wonderful soulmate took the day off and rolled out of bed at 5am flying to the hospital to help take care of me (am a lucky man). So having said these things, it is time to drag my behind to bed and rest up for a court battle tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: One Those Things

    Wishing you the best and a speedy and complete recovery.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: One Those Things

    Keep us posted, big guy. Will remember you in my prayers.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: One Those Things

    hey bro hope things gets better. will be saying a prayer for you
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: One Those Things

    Hey man I hope all is well with you. I haven't talk to you in awhile but if there is anything you need just holler at me.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2005
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: One Those Things

    Take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders. Pneumonia is nothing to mess with. I knew a fellow who was strong as an ox and in his 30s who didn't heed the signs of it and it killed him. Glad you got proper medical care and started on the path to recovery. Take care, stay safe, and thoughts & prayers heading your way for a quick turnaround.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: One Those Things

    Maybe it could be fixed with an enema!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    crack is whack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •